Who Social Media Epp?
It’s Social Media Day and RDM Nigeria has created the Who Social Media Epp? viral video with responses from the streets, celebrities and RDM Nigeria staff members.
It is insightful, hilarious and interesting… with responses from myself (Ibukun Onitiju), Tuface, Tosyn Bucknor, Lynxxx, Dj Lambo, Mark Slade, Zubby, Nora, Folu, Tola and many others.
The video has been featured on Mashable.com’s Social Media Day Hub and RDM Nigeria is running the Africa meet up for Social Media Day 2016, 6pm today in Victoria Island. (Registration Required)
1. Over 75% of all Internet users use social media. Social media sites used to be an auxiliary territory in Internetland, but it’s become clear that these kinds of sites are now the bread and butter of modern Web activity. They make up a sizable portion of all Web traffic.
2. For younger users, Instagram is more important than Facebook and Twitter. While Facebook and Twitter are still the reigning leaders, their mainstream status means that the younger generation considers them “old school”.
3. LinkedIn is the most important social network for professionals. The value of LinkedIn is proportional to where you are in your career path. It’s where you need to be if you want to build new business connections and relationships, and it’s been that way since 2002.
4. Most social networks are evenly split between males and females…except Pinterest, which is used by 42% of females but only 13% of males. In comparison, Facebook is used by 77% vs. 66%, Instagram is used by 29% vs. 22%, Twitter is used by 21% vs. 24%, and LinkedIn is used by 27% vs. 28%.
5. For the 18-49 age group, YouTube has greater reach than any cable network. This statistic actually first came to light back in 2013, but the truth is that YouTube’s popularity and reach has grown even more since then.
Watch the Video below, enjoy it and share how Social Media has Epped you in the comments.