Here are few truths I want to you embrace today, but first, you need to read this short bible passage.
As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, “Let’s cross to the other side of the lake.” 36 So they took Jesus in the boat and started out, leaving the crowds behind (although other boats followed). 37 But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water.
38 Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?”
39 When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. 40 Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
41 The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!” (Mark 4:35 – 41)
Truths to embrace
- Let God speak. It is important. There is ALWAYS trouble ahead. Those who overcome heard Jesus speak.
- Take Him with you. The disciples took Jesus with them in the boat. Moses said he won’t move unless He is assured of God’s presence. With us it is slightly different and better. The Holy Spirit now lives in us. Acknowledge Him and remind yourself that you know He is with you.
- Leave the crowd behind. It is either you follow Jesus to the other side, or you stick to the crowd on this side. My advice, leave the crowd, the familiar things, the past experiences and anything enticing you not to ‘go to the other side’.
- Storms will ALWAYS come. It doesn’t matter who you are or who you are not. The BIG DIFFERENCE is with Jesus on your side, you will overcome the storm.
- Learn to pray. The disciples called on Jesus. Jesus in human form was sleeping on a cushion, because there really was no cause for alarm. Today, He is seated at the right hand of the Father making your case. So talk to him about every problem (including the relationship that is not going well, your kids, your job, your business, and your generator that is not working).
- Jesus will fix it. Hey, I don’t really care how bad things are currently, He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above what you can ever ask or think. (Ephesians 3:20). Don’t lose hope.
- God is not limited by human intervention. Many times when we pray, our prayers (and our faith) is tied to God’s intervention at a human level. The 3 Hebrew boys could have prayed that God should touch the heart of the King to change his mind. Once He didn’t, they could have lost hope. But God is not limited to human intervention, He created all things, so instead of changing the man, God changed the fire. Instead of stopping the King from throwing Daniel into the Lion’s den, God changed the Lions. Instead of Stopping Pharaoh from attacking the Israelites, God parted the red sea. Don’t limit God to change a man. He doesn’t need to before He solves your problem.
- Continually build your faith. “… This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our Faith” (1 John 5:4)
This month will be a month of Revival and Praise for you. You will get to the other side, and Praise God.
If you’ve been blessed by this post, you can encourage someone too. Use the share links and leave a comment.
The song “Overcome” by Jeremy Camp is absolutely lifting me up, you can listen and watch below.