Who is chasing you?
It really wasn’t his fault.
He probably had no knowledge of the supposed threat against his family, because he was still a small boy. But his maid was well too aware that if they didn’t leave now, this young child is as good as dead.
There were a few reasons for this assumption:
1.) This young boy has just lost is father and grandfather which makes him next in line to the throne.
2.) The King (Grandfather) had a young rival who he’d wanted to kill all along.
3.) Everyone seems to expect this young rival to take over the reins of the kingdom and ‘wipe’ out the entire family of the previous king.
So the maid, trying to prevent such happening decided to run away with this young child. In the process, the young child fell, and became lame in his feet.
They made it away successfully, hiding away in the ‘land of nothing’, feeding on scraps, and enduring life as a lame person. Maybe thinking at least better alive than dead.
Like many of us:
- We’ve settled for abusive relationships thinking having a relationship is better than being single.
- We’ve settle for low paying menial jobs, thinking it is better than no job at all.
- We’ve settled for being mocked and ridiculed, thinking it is probably worse for some other people.
- We’ve settled for ‘nothing’ in many areas of our lives, feeding on scrap, living in misery, lame, not having ambitions and living mediocre lives.
- We’ve settled for the hate that the world has planted in us, making us to believe someone is to be blamed for our predicament.
And many times we blame the only person who will go all out for us to be loved, to be saved, to be FREE. We blame God because the world is teaching us to blame him.
Mephibosheth (the young man in the story) and the maid (the rest of the world telling us hate stories) didn’t know that David (typifying God) has made a covenant with Jonathan (typifying Jesus) that He will ensure every member of his family will enjoy the very best of life!
So whose story will you believe today? The maid’s story or the covenant promise.
What is causing you to be afraid?
Who is chasing you?
There’s no more reason to be running, no more reason to be lame, no more reason to be stagnant, no more reason to be bitter because
Today, God has sought you out
Today God is calling you to eat at His table
Today God is restoring back to you your royal privileges
Today God has made you His friend.
He really loves you.
So stop running away.